In a recent development, Booker, a prominent UK wholesaler, has taken the decision to withdraw all Elf Bar 600 Disposable pods from its inventory. This action has been echoed by major supermarket chains such as Morrisons, Tesco, Sainsbury, and Asda, who have also removed these products from their shelves. The trigger for this decision was an investigation conducted by the Daily Mail, which uncovered the fact that certain Elf Bar products exceeded the legal tank capacity limit for the UK market.
Voluntary Withdrawal by Phoenix Trading Ltd
Booker promptly reached out to its customers through email communication, informing them that Phoenix Trading Ltd, the vape manufacturer of Elf Bar products, had voluntarily decided to withdraw its range of disposable pod offerings. The reason cited for this withdrawal was a manufacturing quality issue, indicating a lapse in the production process that resulted in tank capacities surpassing the allowable limit.
Retailers who possessed any of the affected stock were promptly instructed to cease selling these products and return them to their local Macro or Booker branch, where a full refund would be provided.
Independent Retailers Continue to Sell
Despite the withdrawal by major supermarket chains and Booker, it has come to light that many independent retailers are still selling Elf Bar products. These retailers claim that they have not received any instructions from the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) or Trading Standards to remove these items from their inventory.
Elf Bar’s Apology and Swift Action
Elf Bar, the manufacturer of the affected products, has expressed sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to customers. The company admitted that it inadvertently fitted incorrect e-liquid tank sizes to some of its products, leading to this issue. Elf Bar has assured customers that it is taking swift action to rectify the situation.
In their official statement, Elf Bar stated, “Working closely with our distributors and other supply chain partners, we are taking immediate steps to replace all stock and ensure that no product incorporates the 3ml capacity tank. New batches with a reduced 2ml capacity will be arriving in the UK within the next 30 days. We would like to emphasize that this issue is solely related to e-liquid volume and does not compromise the safety or quality of our products. As a brand committed to upholding the highest levels of quality control, we will thoroughly review our production processes to prevent such situations from recurring.”
The withdrawal of Elf Bar 600 Disposable pods from Booker and major supermarket chains in response to the investigation by the Daily Mail reflects a commitment to ensuring compliance with the UK market’s regulations. While independent retailers have chosen to continue selling these vape products, the manufacturer, Elf Bar, has taken responsibility for the manufacturing quality issue and has initiated corrective measures. Customers can expect the availability of Elf Bar products with the corrected tank capacity within the next month.
1. What prompted the withdrawal of Elf Bar 600 Disposable pods from Booker and major supermarket chains? The withdrawal was prompted by an investigation by the Daily Mail, which discovered that some Elf Bar products exceeded the legal tank capacity limit for the UK market.
2. Why did Phoenix Trading Ltd voluntarily withdraw the Elf Bar products? Phoenix Trading Ltd, the manufacturer of Elf Bar products, voluntarily withdrew them due to a manufacturing quality issue that resulted in the incorrect e-liquid tank sizes.
3. Are independent retailers still selling Elf Bar products? Yes, many independent retailers continue to sell Elf Bar products as they claim to have not received any instructions from regulatory authorities to remove them from sale.
4. How is Elf Bar addressing the issue? Elf Bar has apologized for the inconvenience caused and is swiftly replacing all stock to ensure that no product contains the incorrect tank capacity. New batches with the correct 2ml capacity will arrive in the UK within 30 days.
5. Will the product quality or safety be compromised due to this issue? No, Elf Bar assures customers that this issue is solely related to e-liquid volume and does not compromise the safety or quality of their products. The company is committed to maintaining the highest levels of quality control.